Monday, June 16, 2014

Educational Technology Standards


ISTE National Educational Technology Standards

for Administrators

 

The five ISTE National Educational Technology Standards for Administrators challenge educational leaders to grow in the use of effective technology. As I read over the five domains (Visionary Leadership, Digital-Age Learning Culture, Excellence in Professional Practice, Systemic Improvement, and Digital Citizenship) I feel I have many areas I can improve in.

Following standards allows me to measure growth; I can adjust my reading, PLNs, and development in areas of greatest weakness. Without standards, it would be hard to know if I'm focusing my efforts where they are needed most.

The domains in which I am most proficient are Digital-Age Learning Culture and Digital Citizenship. I am slightly knowledgeable in Visionary Leadership and Excellence in Professional Practice; a little work would allow me to be proficient here. I need to focus on Systemic Improvement during my daily professional development; you can expect to read about what I am learning in this area in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment